Summary of Codes in QDAcity

Disclaimer: Dieser Thread wurde aus dem alten Forum importiert. Daher werden eventuell nicht alle Formatierungen richtig angezeigt. Der ursprüngliche Thread beginnt im zweiten Post dieses Threads.

Summary of Codes in QDAcity
Hello all,

I am confused about what exactly we should do for our final summary of our codes in QDAcity.

In the exercise, it was mentioned that we should (1) introduce our used code system and (2) answer our research question.

My questions are:

1. is it right that we could choose to answer either: “what are the best practices…” or our own research question?

2. it was stated in the exercise that both, the intro to our codes and answering our research question should be quite short…but what should the summary mainly be about when not about those points?

Thank you in advance

Hi,
the task is to write a conclusion about the results of your QDA work. Therefore, you use the codes of your coding system to write it.
To do so, define your own research question and answer it with your results. You can also provide a short introduction to your code system and the context for the ready to support understanding.

Hi all,

merry christmas first of all :slight_smile:

I would like to ask, is there any feature in QDacity to filter a certain code (e.g. wikis), in order to show all coded text parts from the interviews with wikis?

Thanks in advance and wish you all happy holidays!

Summary writing
Hi team,

do we need to use the exact sentences in the interview transcripts? if yes, then with quotation marks " " always?
Or we can rewrite the ideas we collected in our own words and make it more or less our understanding of the interviews, to answer the specific research questions?

I am a bit unclear at this point, when you said we have to use the codes for writing this.

Also, is it allowed to add some conclusions or own opinions along the summary in-between the coded content? Or it should completely come out of the coding text?
Thank you and have a great holiday!