Meme Thread SS2020

this therad is not connected to AI2 course administration in any way

Disclaimer: Dieser Thread wurde aus dem alten Forum importiert. Daher werden eventuell nicht alle Formatierungen richtig angezeigt. Der ursprüngliche Thread beginnt im zweiten Post dieses Threads.

Meme Thread SS2020
Dear students,
in AI 1 there were many problems throughout the semester. Starting with slow homework correction to printer problems in the exam. As a result, many artificial intelligence students were not able to enjoy their education as much as they should have. Therefore we want to change some things this semester.
As mentioned in the slides at the beginning, we cannot keep up with Stefan Raab in terms of entertainment. In the lecture this is also often difficult to implement. But studying also means working on your own and having fun at home. For this reason we decided to open this meme thread. Memes are funny and can play down upcoming problems in our course. Especially in the difficult current situation, where things are changing in general and problems are inevitable, memes are a good option to have more fun.
But memes are not just for fun: Memes that deal with current topics are of course best. Those who submit good memes related to the material of the exercise can even get bonus points (that’s what I heard).
We will try to post a lot of memes constantly, but it would be desirable if some of you would post memes regularly as well. This is not only good for your understanding of the material, but also helps others.
As a little teaser and inspiration we have already created some memes and attached them. When you post your own memes please make sure that you dont just copy existing AI memes from the internet. We really want to encourage you to create and post your own memes!
Furthermore we are planning to create an AI that is able to judge memes on different qualities (for example funny, dank, course references,…) which should judge all posted memes here. With the score given by the AI we can crown our AI 2 memelord, but we are not sure if the AI will be available for this semester yet. Anyway, I hope having the chance to become the AI memelord is enough encouragement to start creating memes (and thus getting a great AI 2 grade).

Thanks for reading and enjoy AI 2!
Let me know if there are any questions or feedback!

Best regards
Kuschelbunny

Here are the promised memes:

3 „Gefällt mir“

via Imgflip Meme Generator

PS: Just to make this clear that this doesn’t come across as condescending: I presume you’ve tackled all previous steps (the first one being human after all) to reach the master progression of memes.

4 „Gefällt mir“

What a great idea! I think this will improve the AI grades significantly :slight_smile:

I have an idea:
For every assignment you could include the best meme of the week (later judged by the AI, for now using a poll would be sufficient in my opinion)

Keep the memes coming! :smiley:

2 „Gefällt mir“

Dont forget!

Yes, as a former AI I student I can just share my positive experiences :

The following contemporary „meme“ gave me 3 Bonus Points back in 2017:

(as the world of memes develops very fast, here’s a link explaining that Star Wars Battlefront II Unlockable Heroes Controversy | Know Your Meme)

1 „Gefällt mir“

3 „Gefällt mir“

I hope everyone submitted nice memes for the first submission :slight_smile:
Here are some of mine. Unfortunately, I cannot post all of my memes right now because some of them include the forbidden meme and would be boring without it.

Some information in the following meme might make use of alternative facts.

2 „Gefällt mir“

Me currently:

1 „Gefällt mir“

It’s not a meme, and everyone has probably seen it by now, so the thread starter should feel free to ask me to remove this post. I think it applies to the sentiment expressed in the previous post, though :wink:

This made my morning yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFZFjoX2cGg

1 „Gefällt mir“

5 „Gefällt mir“

To be clear: Pls do not delete your post Katja^^ funny video. I sent it to a friend and he said that he actually wanted to show that video to me, but he forgot about it.

And by the way: Thanks for keeping me company Horsccht.

2 „Gefällt mir“

3 „Gefällt mir“

Lucky us that we found that mysterious fortune cookie a few weeks ago…

3 „Gefällt mir“

2 „Gefällt mir“

3 „Gefällt mir“

5 „Gefällt mir“

6 „Gefällt mir“

6 „Gefällt mir“

1 „Gefällt mir“