Assignments 13 and 14

Disclaimer: Dieser Thread wurde aus dem alten Forum importiert. Daher werden eventuell nicht alle Formatierungen richtig angezeigt. Der ursprüngliche Thread beginnt im zweiten Post dieses Threads.

Assignments 13 and 14
You wrote there will be two more assignments but it’s only 5 days until the exam. When are you going to upload them?

It turns out there will be only one, I uploaded it yesterday. I will add the missing solution soon.

Problem 13.4 с) and d)
Can you give a simple example(or a full solution) with STRIPS notation for part c) and d) in Problem 13.4 ?

The solution for both (c) and (d) looks a bit like the diagram on slide 550 (Encoding of Simplified “TSP”: State Space). You start out the same from the initial state (on the left), to Brisbane or Adelaide. Because the diagram is for the simplified case, it’s a little different for the second step.
I will leave out the calculation of h* and h+ :slight_smile:

To make the diagram reasonable, here are the nodes:

• [m]i[/m]: {at(Sydney), visited(Sydney)}
  • [m]a[/m]: {at(Brisbane), visited(Sydney), visited(Brisbane)}
  • [m]b[/m]: {at(Sydney), visited(Sydney), visited(Brisbane)}
  • [m]c[/m]: {at(Adelaide), visited(Sydney), visited(Adelaide)}
  • [m]d[/m]: {at(Sydney), visited(Sydney), visited(Adelaide)}
  • [m]e[/m]: {at(Darwin), visited(Sydney), visited(Adelaide), visited(Darwin)}
  • [m]f[/m]: {at(Perth), visited(Sydney), visited(Adelaide), visited(Perth)}

The graph should look something like this one below. I did not draw the arrows: they should all be pointing to the right.

[a]-[b]
   /
[i]     [d]
   \   /
    [c]-[e]
       \
        [f]

For (d), the connection [m]-b[/m] should be removed.

Hi, I would like to ask a question about assignment 13.1.

Is it intentional or a mistake that the concept parent is specified in the exercise when we don’t (seem to) need it?
Was it perhaps intended that grandparent uses it instead of person?

Yes, it was a mistake - I’ve fixed it (just reload the assignment).