Not logged in. · Lost password · Register

ursa
Member since Nov 2017
4 posts
Subject: Questions regarding assignment 7
Hello,

I have two questions regarding the new assignment 7:

- Will the bonus task in exercise 7.3 give bonus bonus points?
- Which notation should we use for exercise 7.2? In the lecture, there was a tree-like notation (slide 306) and a table notation (slide 311) for ND proofs. Since many of us attended "Grundlagen der Logik in der Informatik" and already know the Fitch notation, is it also okay to use that for these kind of exercises (and in the exam)?

Thanks!
katjab
Member since Oct 2019
147 posts
+1 ursa
Hello,

- The bonus task in 7.3 will give bonus bonus points.
- As for notation, Fitch is ok for the homeworks. I'm not yet sure whether it will be ok for the exam yet.

Cheers,
Katja
ThaiTrinh
ThaiNTrinh
Member since Dec 2019
6 posts
Subject: number of variables in 7.3
Hello,

I have one question regarding the problem 7.3
In eval predicate, how many variables should be assigned ? Is it just 2 (a, b), or it can be arbitrary ? (For example, a and b or c impl d)
katjab
Member since Oct 2019
147 posts
I'm not sure I understand the question. eval takes three parameters (see example in the assignment): the first is a formula (a impl b in the example), the second a variable assignment, and the third the evaluation of the formula to true or false. The formula could also be a and b or c impl d.

I hope this helps.
Tobs40
Member since Oct 2017
28 posts
Subject: Fitch in the exam?
+1 ursa
Hello,

so will Fitch be OK in the exam?
rappatoni
Member since Nov 2018
80 posts
Yes, as per https://fsi.cs.fau.de/forum/post/163202
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Datenschutz | Kontakt