Tuesday Tutorial Grading of Assignment 1 / Comments

Disclaimer: Dieser Thread wurde aus dem alten Forum importiert. Daher werden eventuell nicht alle Formatierungen richtig angezeigt. Der ursprüngliche Thread beginnt im zweiten Post dieses Threads.

Tuesday Tutorial Grading of Assignment 1 / Comments
Dear all,

to those who handed in in my tutorial and got points deducted for lack of comments:

You have the chance to earn those points by sending me an email with explanations of your code by this Friday at the latest.

Further questions regarding comments:

Why do I ask for comments?

Each year some students outright copy the assignments and I cannot and will not stop them. However, I can force you to at least think about the code you are submitting by giving some explanations. This way you learn something rather than nothing.

How elaborate should my comments be?

You should convince me that you have understood the code you are submitting. As the semester progresses the need to comment trivial stuff decreases. Then your comments should focus on the big picture. For example, in future assignments you will not have to explain e.g. a “reverse” helper predicate or something of the sort but you should explain how that predicate is used in the more complex predicate you are implementing.

What will happen if I don’t comment?

From this week onwards there will be a consistent policy across all tutorials which will be announced here on the forum, please refer to that.