Tutorial times for KI I 19/20

Disclaimer: Dieser Thread wurde aus dem alten Forum importiert. Daher werden eventuell nicht alle Formatierungen richtig angezeigt. Der ursprüngliche Thread beginnt im zweiten Post dieses Threads.

Tutorial times for KI I 19/20
Dear AI Students,

Here are the times for the tutorials for the fall KI I course. All tutorials will be held in room 00.131-128.

Monday
12:15 - 13:45 Alpcan Dalga
16:15 - 17:45 Jan Frederik Schäfer

Tuesday
8:15 - 9:45 Max Gabriel Rapp

Thursday
14:15 - 15:45 Leon Schmidtchen
16:15 - 17:45 Katja Bercic, English only, sorry!

Good luck with the beginning of semester!

Two questions
Hi,
Two questions:

1. Are all the tutorials given in German except “Thursday” 16:15 - 17:45 Katja Bercic"?
  2. Are we supposed to register for a specific tutorial group, and if yes - how?
    Thanks
1 „Gefällt mir“

Tutorial languages and submitting homeworks
I will leave it up to the TAs to determine the language for their tutorial together with the students that will be taking it (I may help figure out what to do in unclear cases). The only tutorial with a fixed language for now is mine (Thursday 16:15 - 17:45), simply because there is no way I could do it in German :slight_smile:

There is no need to register for a tutorial (you can also change it later). Because of how StudOn works, I will post a separate homework for each group. You just need to submit your homework in the right tutorial group - this serves as a proxy for registering for a specific tutorial. A note on grading: homework grading will be evenly divided among the tutors. This means that you can maximise your chances of having your tutor grade your homeworks by attending a tutorial that has at most an average number of participants.

Best,
Katja

My tutorial (Monday, 4:15 - 5:45) will also be held in English by default.
The underlying reasoning is that some people may be uncomfortable to “force” everyone to speak English around them.
So I’ll stick to English unless there are very few students and I am convinced that everyone is happy with German.

Of course, questions in both German and English are always encouraged!

Best,
Frederik

I will adopt the same policy in my tutorial (Tuesday 8.15-9.45).

I’m equally fine with holding my tutorial (Thu 14:15) in either language, so I will let the students decide. Feel free to ask questions in the other language if you feel more comfortable though.

There is a change in tutorial time for Alpcan Dalga’s tutorial. The tuturial will be on Mondays, 14:15 - 15:45, in H16.