Assignment 5

Disclaimer: Dieser Thread wurde aus dem alten Forum importiert. Daher werden eventuell nicht alle Formatierungen richtig angezeigt. Der ursprüngliche Thread beginnt im zweiten Post dieses Threads.

Assignment 5
Dear tutors,

in our current assignment 5, problem 5.1, there is chapter 6.1 linked to Adversarial Search. I think you meant Section 8.1, right?

Kind regards,
Matthias

Are we supposed to submit the whole prolog code (so the tutor can execute the program via playo ) or just the actual minimax implementation?

Whichever chapter nr. is currently the one on adversarial search - unfortunately they tend to change :smiley: Will fix soon

Who said anything about minimax? (You can use minimax of course, but you don’t have to - tic-tac-toe is trivial enough that you could in principle hard code a strategy).

the function itself should be sufficient, unless the tutors disagree with me :wink:

1 „Gefällt mir“

Ah damn, I wish I would have realized that earlier. hard coding it would have had so much more value :wink:

Alright, thanks :slight_smile:

Thing is, you didn’t cover minimax in the lecture yet, so I couldn’t in good conscience demand that :slight_smile: But yes, minimax is of course the algorithm with the highest educational value :slight_smile:

I know this is way too late. I couldn’t do my assignment on time this time.

But: I am pretty confident I HAVE implemented a Minimax. The thing is, if I have more than 5/6 blank spaces prolog won’t even begin to terminate after any sensible time. Apart from putting in some of the magic ! I have no clue what I can do to make it any better… I mean I DO evaluate the same tictactoe endstates a gazillion times, but I don’t see a way to save the results dp-style o.o

Any hints?

So the hint: You can NOT ONLY use ! to skip over the next things if you found an applying case, BUT it works as also drop a lot of querries.
e.g alphabet:- a,!. alphabet:-b,!. alphabet:-c. is equal to a, not a and b, not a and not b and c. This can reduce the calls significantly.