usage of some codes in Interview_Bauer

Disclaimer: Dieser Thread wurde aus dem alten Forum importiert. Daher werden eventuell nicht alle Formatierungen richtig angezeigt. Der ursprüngliche Thread beginnt im zweiten Post dieses Threads.

usage of some codes in Interview_Bauer
While reviewing my results for the first two interviews and trying to come up with a better coding I still have problems with some paragraphs to find a best fit for a certain code.

“Helen: The common principles are defined in our software development process. If a process needs to be changed maybe my advice would be considered.”

What tag besides “internal collaboration” is missing? I can’t think of any.

“Helen: Projects are responsible for holding the delivery date, costs and the quality. My responsibility is mainly coordination between projects.”

What tag besides “component ownership” is missing? I can’t think of any. “internal collaboration” is explicitly said to exclude “component ownership”.

“Kevin: Do you have a say in prioritization or it is done by product manager?
Helen: Prioritization is mostly up to product manager. He prioritizes also according the effort as well, so if he sees something requires more effort, then he gives more priority to it.
Kevin: If there is a new functionality, usually there is sometimes some prototype that is being developed to be shown to the customer to get some feedback and to improve the idea of what it is going to look like. Do you have a say in this process or the requirements come to you after prototype is shown to the customers?
Helen: Depends, we are in constant contact with our product managers. Sometimes evaluations are done by product management completely, depending on the matter we can be also involved. It is more on development, but depends.”

Is this “internal collaboration”, “decision making”, or “component ownership”? I can see reasons for all three codes.

“Helen: Generally, the requirements should be formulated in a way to present the user goal. It’s good to present the requirement is a short and concise way. At the beginning we don’t have anything, later we work on slides or specifications or whatever is necessary.”

What tag besides “requirement engineering” is missing? I can’t think of any.

“Helen: For external, those are machine providers. For internal, those are project group representatives who will be the users of our base functionality.
Kevin: Can they come up with some requests to you if they need some new functionality? How is this process carried out?
Helen: Sure. Firstly, we need to see for what the clients need to realize this functionality. They together with us define the functionality.”

Is this “internal supplier”, “component ownership”, “external communication”, “internal collaboration”, or even “requirement engineering”?

“Kevin: About the common functionalities, I imagine in the beginning there was some core for the common functionalities and then over time new functionalities that your team worked on were added to that. Do you have some repository where different solutions are stored and you can refer to them over time? For example, if there are some type of tables or trees that you are using in your products, do you have those standard components ready if someone wants to create a new dialogue, it’s going to look similar to what you already have and you just give it to them or you develop it that way and give it to them.
Helen: We have central components that can be used and parametrized by everybody. We have feedback services that provide message boxes. The title combination buttons parametrize and use the feedback service to show the message. In other cases, if the message is not simple and needs more elaboration, then we have to go to style guide and make additions.”

Is this “definition/design central functionality” or “implementation central functionality”? I don’t quite understand when to use the former and when to use the latter, because when applying the rules to a concrete section of text and trying to distinguish between “definition/design” and “implementation” I often think that neither one is a good fit, or it could be both.

“Kevin: For example, this internal system that you have mentioned, this also could be a best practice. Internal system that could be used for dynamic feedback. How does it work? Is it that every programmer or developer can have his or her input?
Helen: Not everyone has an input, it’s very central process. All kinds of improvements that you imagine or suggest can be put into the system and forwarded to those who make decisions.”

“Kevin: When you see a need for a new core component for example for a side bar, can you take the initiative to start developing it? Do you need to get some type of a confirmation or approval in order to start?
Helen: So we have to go to consult with the product management.
Kevin: Even if you initiate it, it has to go through the product management?
Helen: Yes.”

Is this “internal collaboration”, “decision making”, or “component ownership”? I can see reasons for all three codes.