Interviews & Win/Loss Analysis

Disclaimer: Dieser Thread wurde aus dem alten Forum importiert. Daher werden eventuell nicht alle Formatierungen richtig angezeigt. Der ursprüngliche Thread beginnt im zweiten Post dieses Threads.

Interviews & Win/Loss Analysis
Hi all,

in our Q&A we said that the Win/Loss Analysis should be based on the interviews.
I am not sure if I have the right idea about this.

Should we integrate a hypothetical buying decision in our interviews right away?
Or should we return to our interviewees with a second request?

Some of the information that is to be considered in the Win/Loss analysis (impression of sales team & material, our price comparing to competitor’s price,…) is very hard to integrate in an interview in which the general customer needs and top problems should be explored.

Any ideas?
Team 1 is happy about suggestions. :slight_smile:

Thank you
Bettina

Sorry for the double post! Can’t delete from this forum…

Dear Bettina

As this is a project work worth 5 ECTS, we won’t require a second round of interviews, which would otherwise make sense when writing an agile business plan in “real life”. In this case, you will have to ask all your questions during these interviews.

I understand that there are disadvantages to this and you won’t be able (nor do I recommend you) to ask a lot of detailed win/loss analysis related questions to the interviewees. Defiantly ask them about the price they are willing to pay for your product, as well as some competitor related questions (especially if they are currently using a competitor product).

As for the rest of the win/loss analysis you should research online and estimate based on market averages, possibly financial reports of some competitors (if available) and at the very least making an educated estimation yourselves based on a approximate calculations and assumptions. If you do the latter, please make sure to explain your assumptions, calculations and interpretation when describing the win/loss analysis.

Don’t go too much into detail though. In general think about the business plan as a tool to: 1. better understand the product and its market, 2. present/sell your business idea/product to a potential investor. This will help you along the way, if you try looking at your writing from this perspective. For instance, an investor cares a lot about the win/loss analysis, but also understands that you might not have all the data initially, so a well supported estimation would be fine.

Hope this helps. Keep using the forum, because it will help everyone.

Cheers, Nick

Thanks for the answer! We will try to integrate some helpful questions for win/loss.