Technical debt

Disclaimer: Dieser Thread wurde aus dem alten Forum importiert. Daher werden eventuell nicht alle Formatierungen richtig angezeigt. Der ursprüngliche Thread beginnt im zweiten Post dieses Threads.

Technical debt
The capabilities timeline states that for the final release, it is necessary that “Technical debt is clear and adequate”. What exactly is meant by that? A list of all open technical issues (or possible future issues)?

It means that you have a clear understanding of where you wrote good code and where not and if things went overboard, you fixed. If not, you documented it.

In practical terms, for most, it means the sprint backlog for the last week mostly contains bug fix requests :wink:

So if github contains open issues for all technical problems that are still not fixed at the final release, this counts as adequate?

No.

Do I understand it correctly then, that this means that there has to be additional documentation that states open problems and their associated risks, as a text file in the repository?

I have looked through all the lecture slides, but the only source of information I could find is the capabilities timeline.

Yes, we didn’t have an extra class after I was told that Ms Saglietti properly covers documentation.

The way to look at it is this: Imagine, you are given the software + documentation. What would you expect to be able to learn to continue the work? That’s good documentation.

We understand that time is limited.